Local Native Plant Nurseries
Regardless of your location Native Beeology strongly encourages you to buy plants from local nurseries. You can ask them, “How do you grow their plants? Do you use neonicotinoids which are harmful to bees and other pollinators?”. Go one step further and identify the local native plant nurseries in your area. Avoid large “Box Stores” when buying plants.
Here are some places across New York State we recommend.
1) Catskill Native Nursery (Kerhonkson, NY)- http://www.catskillnativenursery.com
2) Rainbow’s End Butterfly Farm and Nursery (Pawling, NY)- http://www.rainbowsendfarm.biz
3) Hudson Valley Seed Company – http://hudsonvalleyseed.com
4) American Beauty Native Plants – http://www.abnativeplants.com (sold at Blue Seal in Fishkill, NY)
5) Adams Fairacre Farms (Poughkeepsie, Newburgh, Wappingers Falls, NY) – http://www.adamsfarms.com
6) American Meadows – http://www.americanmeadows.com
7) Native Plant Center (Westchester, NY) – http://www.sunywcc.edu/about/npc/native-plant-pre-sale/
8) Fiddlehead Creek Native Plant Nursery (Hartford, NY)- http://fiddleheadcreek.com
9) Greenbelt Native Plant Center (Staten Island) – https://www.nycgovparks.org/greening/greenbelt-native-plant-center/how-to-order
10) Long Island Natives (Eastport, NY) – https://longislandnatives.com
11) Amanda’s Garden Native Perrenial Nursery (Sparta, NY) – https://www.amandasnativeplants.com
12) The Plantsman Nursery (Ithaca, NY) – http://www.plantsmen.com